Loading papers, cards and envelopes
How to load a plain paper?
Grab the input tray towards you by lifting up the output tray. Extend the paper width guides horizontally to its extreme position.
Mount a stack of plain paper into the input tray of the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer. Keep moving the stack and leave once it stops the movement.
Make the width guides rest on the edges of the paper and align it accordingly. Move the input tray forward till it fits into place and lower the output tray.
How to load envelopes?
- Uplift the output tray and then grasp the input tray towards you as how you did while placing a plain paper in the previous topic.
- Position the paper width-guides to the end and take out the paper stack from the input tray to load the envelopes with the print-side down.
- Check which type of envelope you have and place it accordingly in the input tray.
- The envelope size should match the paper size line on the base of the input tray. Do not keep more than 10 envelopes for printing in the input tray.
- Adjust the width-guides against the sides of the envelope stack. Move the input tray forward and release when it is firmly positioned.
How to load cards?
Printer not found during network setup:
- This error occurs when the 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer driver installer does not identify the connection type at the time of installation. At such instance, you may not only see the Printer no found message but also No devices found, Unable to find the printer or Your printer could not be found on the wireless network messages.
- If you are a Windows user, try the steps below that may help you resolve the issue.
- Reboot your computer, printer and the router and any other device that is connected to your printer. Because restarting all the devices help you to retain the default settings that were saved by you previously.
- Check the status of the network connection, irrespective of whether you use a wired or wireless; ensure that the activity and the wireless feature light is stable and not blinking.
- Do not use your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer that has been connected to a guest or host network. Also, check if the Airplane mode is turned on if so, turn it off immediately.
- Try connecting your printer to the wireless network manually. Obtain the network name i.e.SSID and the WEP Password to get your printer on a network.
- Use the HP print and scan doctor tool to diagnose and fix the network issues if any. See if disabling the firewall software temporarily help you to fix the issue.
- Otherwise, as the least option, uninstall the printer software and reinstall it; check if this resolves the network issue.
- When your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer is not found in Mac at the time of network driver setup, first, restart all the devices associated with the printer.
- If that did not help, then try connecting the wireless network manually with the network name and password to the printer.
- Do a complete printer reset by dismantling the printer connections and then refix it accordingly.
- Try removing the present printer software and install it again to check if the printer now gets connected to the wired or wireless network.
Let’s see what Mac users have to do in such instance.
How to check ink or toner levels?
- Checking ink or toner level is possible in two ways. Either you can check the level on your computer with the installed printer driver or software or with the help of HP applications such as HP Print and Scan Doctor from Windows desktops or HP Smart app from Windows or Android devices.
- You can also take the aid from HP SureSupply by registering your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer on it which will display the ink levels on the printer’s control panel.
- Make sure that your printer is in a ready state and is linked to a computer. In Windows, look for HP and then click your printer name from the list of results.
- If the results are shown by HP Solution Center, click it. On the home window of the printer software, you can see the estimated ink or toner levels.
- Apple users, click the Apple icon and then choose System Preferences. Click Printers & Scanners, Print & Fax or Print&Scan.
- Click your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer name from the printer list, click Options & Supplies and then click Supply Levels.
- Once the HP print and scan doctor is launched, click Start, choose your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer and then click Next.
- Click Printer in the top menu option. Choose Supply levels to know the predicted ink or toner level.
- Install the HP Smart app in your mobile or computer; when the app functions, it automatically exhibits the ink or toner level on the screen.
Printhead problem or Ink system failure error displays:
- The error message ink system failure appears on the printer’s control panel when the printhead fails to function properly.
- To resolve the issue, try purchasing original ink cartridges from HP or direct HP retail outlet. To order the ink cartridges and check the compatibility of ink with your printer, enroll in HP SureSupply.
- HP SureSupply notifies when your printer is on low ink or requires replacement and you can order the ink via SureSupply. If your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer is eligible for HP Instant ink program, then you will receive the original cartridges before you run on low ink.
- Try resetting the printer by turning it off. Remove the entire connection of the printer to the other devices, do not connect it for few seconds and then reestablish the connection.
- Pull out the ink cartridges, keep it aside on a plain white paper or cloth. Check if there is an error message on the control panel, if it displays so, it is recommended to update the printer’s firmware software.
- If the message suggests you to replace any of the ink cartridges, then clean the electrical contacts and vents of the cartridges clean with a soft fiber-free swab. Because it helps you determine which cartridge is causing the error.
- Try updating the firmware now. Keep your printer turned on and connected to the computer through a local network or a USB cable.
- Download the firmware from our website. If you have HP Download and Install Assistant, click Next and then click Install now.
- Click on the Update when the HP Printer Update window opens on your computer. Once the update is complete, click OK.
- If you are on a Mac computer, double-click the .dmg file preceded with the printer name. Open the HP Firmware Updater. Click on your printer name and then Continue.
- Still, the error message appears on your 123.hp.com/oj6954 printer even after updating the firmware, it is recommendable to service the printer.
DISCLAIMER : 123hp.org is an independent technical support service provider for third party products. The products, images, brands and names of the third party providers displayed on the website are to furnish information. We do not claim any ownership, affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website.