The HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 is built for business and for home use. It allows the user to produce affordable professional quality color that is outstanding. It offers mobile printing and seamless mobile setup. Its impressive speeds make sure that your prints are not delayed. It also supports optional high-yield cartridges that offer better value for frequent printing.
- Print, Copy, Scan, and Fax
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint
- Built-in Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/m
- Wireless Direct Printing
- 225 Sheets Input capacity.
- Automatic document feeder
- Energy Star Qualified
- Automatic and manual duplexing.
HP Ojpro6958 Printer driver download
- You can download the printer driver and software from this website. For Windows, your file will download in .exe format. For Mac, your file will download in .dmg format.
- You will be asked to Run, Save or Open the file. Select Save. Once the download concludes, launch the installer from the Downloads bar of the browser or the Downloads folder of the computer. For Windows, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. If required, connect the printer to the computer.
- For Mac, if you are asked to add the printer to the printer queue, choose HP OfficeJet Pro MFP 6958, select the Use or Print Using menu, choose the name of your printer in the pop-up menu and then select Add.Go back to the HP installer to complete the installation.
HP 6958 Windows 10 Setup
- You can download the printer driver and software package for HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 compatible with Windows 10 from this website. Your file will be in .exe format.
- You will be prompted to choose Run, Open or Save. Selecting Run or Open will launch the installer immediately after it downloads. Choosing Save will store the file in the computer to be retrieved later.
- Choose Save. Your download will begin. You can view the estimated time left for the download to complete in the Downloads bar of the browser.
- Once the file is downloaded, launch it from the Downloads bar of the browser and Downloads folder of the computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Connect the printer to the computer.
- For any further queries, contact our technical support team through the toll-free number.
How to Copy
- Copying lets you make copies of originals which are unavailable digitally or whose digital versions are not currently available.
- Prior to making a copy, make sure that the scanner glass is clean and free of smudges and fingerprints. This prevents poor copy quality.
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or insert the document in the automatic document feeder (ADF), based on your printer model and capability.
- Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the OfficeJet Pro 6958’s control panel, and then modify available basic configuration. Touch Settings or the gear icon to modify advanced copy configuration.
- Based on your printer model you might able to access 2-sided copying, ID Copy, Size or Resize, Paper Size, Paper Type, Tray Selection among other settings.
- Based on the printer, tap Start, or return to the main Copy screen by tapping Back, and then tap Start Black, Start Color, or OK to start the copy job.
How to Scan
- Scanning lets you store a digital version of a physical original. It is useful to store, share and retrieve originals whose digital version is unavailable or inaccessible.
- Prior to scanning make sure that the scanner glass is free of smudges and fingerprints.
- Make sure that dust or debris is not present on the scanner glass. This might result in poor scan quality.
- In case your printer comes with a Scan button or has a Scan menu utilize it to scan the original.
- Choose your computer name, if required, and a scan job type. The folder the scan is stored at automatically opens. Open the file with Scan in the name to see the scan.
- For Windows, you can HP Scan software to scan files. You can Open HP Printer Assistant, and choose Scan a Document or Photo to access HP Scan. For Mac, you can use HP Easy Scan to scan originals from the printer scanner.
How to Print
- Prior to printing your document, you can modify text font and size and modify other visual settings.
- For Windows, Choose File, and then choose Print in the software you created the document.
- To view additional and advanced print configuration, select Printer Properties or Preferences. The Document Properties or Printing Preferences window pops opens.
- Based on the software and the printer model, you might be able to access orientation, paper tray or source, paper type, paper source, quality and other settings. Choose OK, and then choose Print.
- For Mac, Select File and then choose Print in the document you wish to print from. Choose your OfficeJet Pro 6958 from the Printer menu. From the Presets menu, choose an option that matches your print job or paper type.
- Select the unlabeled menu at the center of the window to modify different settings and modify any of the settings shown. Choose Print.
How to Fax
- If you are sending a fax from the scanner glass make sure that the scanner glass is free of smudges and fingerprints. Take out all originals from the document feeder tray, and then lift the scanner lid.
- Load the original, print side facing down, on the right-corner of the glass. Align the original according to the inscription near the edge of the glass.
- Shut the scanner lid. From the home screen on the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958’s control panel, tap Send Fax Now.
- Utilize the numeric keypad, provide the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or use a stored number from the Phonebook.
- Tap Black or Color. The printer starts dialing the fax number and transmitting the document. If the recipient’s fax machine is available, your fax has been transmitted.
- You can also send a fax through the automatic document feeder and from the computer.
REPLACE THE CARTRIDGE
It might be necessary to replace the ink cartridge if the ink levels turn low, very low or empty. Make sure to utilize cartridges that are recommended by the manufacturer for your particular printer model. Follow the instructions below to replace the ink cartridge(s) for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958:
- Open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage shifts to the ink cartridge access area.
- Once the printer is quiet and inactive (after several seconds), proceed further.
- Push the tab inward on the front of the old ink cartridge to free it.
- Push up on the ink cartridge to take it out from the slot.
- Remove a new ink cartridge from its package, and then push the orange pull-tab straight back.
- Grab the ink cartridge by its sides. Turn the protective orange cap counter-clockwise to detach it from the ink cartridge.
- Gently bend the tab away from the ink cartridge.
- Position the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge faces downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Push the ink cartridge into its slot, and then gently press the ink cartridge down until it snaps into position.
- Repeat this procedure to install any other new ink cartridges. Shut the ink cartridge access door.
123 HP Officejet Pro 6958 Wireless Setup
- Collect the Network name and password and make sure that your computer is connected to your wireless network.
- Ensure that the router and computer are powered up and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer to.
- Detach any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
- Connect the OfficeJet Pro 6958 to your network with the Wireless Setup Wizard so that the HP installer can locate the printer during the installation.
- Form the home screen on the OfficeJet Pro 6958’s control panel, tap the wireless icon.
- Tap the setup icon. Tap the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- If asked, provide the WEP or WPA key (network password) and then touch Done. A summary screen appears.
- Tap OK to go back to the home screen.
- Tap the name of your network in the list of available networks, and then tap OK.
- Download and install the full feature printer driver and software to complete the wireless setup.
Clear Paper Jams
- To clear paper jams, examine the input tray, ink cartridge access area, and automatic document feeder.
- To remove paper jams, examine the appropriate region. Use a torchlight to get a better view of the insides of the printer.
- Detach the power cord before reaching inside the printer to prevent the risk of injuries or electric shock.
- Use both hands while removing the jammed paper to prevent it from tearing. If a stack of paper is jammed, remove a sheet from the middle to loosen up the rest.
- If the error persists, after clearing the jammed paper or if no paper jam is found, try the each of following and check if the error is resolved in the given order: make sure that the carriage can move freely, clean the paper feed roller and finally reset the printer.
Print Quality Issue
- To fix print quality issues, make sure that you are using cartridges that are genuine and are compatible with the printer model.
- In case there are smears of ink on the backside of your printouts, you can use the Clean Page Smears tool from the printer’s control panel to resolve the issue.
- Ensure that you are using paper that is appropriate for the print job. Some papers might come with non-printing sides.
- Examine the print setting from your operating system, and then check the print settings to ensure that they are appropriate for your print job.
- Examine the estimated ink levels to check if they are adequate enough to meet print expectations. If they are are not low, make sure they are vented and seated correctly. If they are low, then replace the low or empty cartridge(s).
Wireless Connection Problem
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 is not found during the network setup, you can reset the printer as a first step in resolving the issue.
- Resetting the printer requires restarting your computer and temporarily disconnecting network and internet connections.
- Save or complete any tasks or downloads in progress to ensure that they are not lost.
- Detach the power cord from the router. Switch off the printer. Exit all the running programs on your computer, including the HP Software installation window, then shut down the computer.
- Fix the power cord to the router, once the internet activity light indicates a normal connected status, switch on the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958. Attempt to install the HP Software again.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 is shown to be offline on the computer and does not print, it indicates that the computer is unable to communicate with the printer.
- For Windows, utilize HP Print and Scan doctor to resolve the printer offline issue.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, Open HP Print and Scan Doctor, choose Start, and then select HP OfficeJet Pro 6958.
- Select Fix Printing. Select Test Print and wait for the test to fail. Choose No Print, and restart the printer when asked. If the issue is unresolved, try resetting the print environment.
- For Mac, examine the connection between the printer and the Mac and make sure it is established property.
- If this does not resolve the issue, attempt resetting the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 6958 displays “Cartridge Problem”, “Incompatible Cartridge” and “Cartridge in Wrong Slot”, follow the instructions below to resolve the issue.
- Use genuine cartridges that are compatible with your printer model. Make sure that the ink cartridges are loaded correctly in their designated slot according to their color.
- If the issue persists, Clean the ink cartridge and printhead contacts. If the issue is unresolved, clean the ink cartridge contacts once again.
- If the problem persists, reset the printer. If that does not resolve the issue replace the problem ink cartridge with a new ink cartridge.
- Make sure that the new cartridge sits firmly in its position in its appropriate slot according to its color.
DISCLAIMER :We are an individual technical support center to guide users on their products. The contents provided on this website are only for reference and to provide information. The images are not copied from any of the sites, and we deny the user’s ownership for this site unless specified.