How to Clear “E3” Error Code
E3 Error Code is nothing known as “Carriage jam issue” blocks the carriage movement. Remove the jammed paper from the path to start the printing process. A single issue may have different solutions. The issues are also mentioned below.
Steps for Fixing E3 Error Code
- Jams may occur in multiple areas of the printer. Find the jammed paper(e3 error code) from the input tray. Press the Cancel button to automatically clear the paper jam. Take it out of the input tray. Drag the paper from the tray using both hands. Use a flashlight inside the printer to check for foreign objects.
- Reinsert the input tray with new paper. Press the Resume button on the printer’s control panel to proceed the current print job. If the issue persists, look for jammed paper in another area of the printer. Locate the paper from the output tray. Press the Cancel Button to try and automatically clear the paper jam.
- Choose your scan type from the Printer Take the paper out with both hands to prevent ripping of papers. Use a flashlight to locate the foreign objects inside the printer. Press the Resume button on printer’s control panel. If the issue persists, examine the other parts of the printer such as printhead access area, underneath the printer.
- Select ScIf papers are present inside the printer, turn it off , unplug all cables connected to it and remove them. After removing them, reconnect the power cable to the printer’s rear and wall socket. TURN ON the Printer by pressing the Power button. If the issue continues, move to the next solution.
- Ensure that there are no hindrances or paper in the carriage path. Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button. Unlock the exterior door and open the printhead access door to resolve e3 error code issue. Unplug the power cable with the printer turned on. Utilize a flashlight to check the paper or objects stopping the carriage movement.
- If the carriage jams on the right side of the printer, move it to the left side of the printer.If the carriage jams on the left side of the printer, move it to the right side of the printer. If the carriage jams in the center of the printer, slide it to the right side. Remove all obstructions from the printer.
- Ensure that the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer. Close the printhead access door and exterior door. Reconnect the power cord to the printer’s rear and to the wall socket. Turn on the printer. If the issue persists, connect the printer straight to the wall socket.
- A surge protector may not provide sufficient power supply to the printer. Disconnect the power cable from the printer’s rear and wall socket when connected to the surge protector. After a while, plug in the cables to the printer and turn it on again. If the issue persists, move to the next solution.
- Reset the HP Ink Tank 418 printer- Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button. Wait until the printer is inactive and idle. Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and wall socket with the printer switched on. Wait for at least 60 seconds. After a while, reconnect the cables. Turn on the printer. Try to print to check if the E3 Error code issue is resolved.