123.hp.com/dj4640 Printer Setup Guide
- HP Deskjet 4640 Airprint Setup
- HP Deskjet 4640 Printer Troubleshooting
- HP Deskjet 4640 Software download
- HP Deskjet 4640 Wireless all in one Printer
- HP Deskjet 4640 Drivers Windows 10
- HP Deskjet 4640 Wireless Setup
- HP Deskjet 4640 Printer driver download
- 123 HP Deskjet 4640 ePrinter
- 123 HP Setup 4640
- 123 HP Deskjet 4640 User Manual
- 123 HP COM Setup
HP Deskjet 4640 Printer Setup
Glance through steps provided below on the HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 setup. Find a flat surface like a desk or table and settle the printer on it. Handle the printer with the utmost care until you finish the installation process.
- Unseal the printer package and then take the printer out of it.
- Try to eliminate all the materials that are kept for protection on all sides of the printer.
- Link the power cable that is provided to the wall outlet and 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer’s rear side to turn on the machine.
- Don’t ever connect the power cable to the adapter.
- Insert the ink cartridges that are supplied during shipment into the slots by matching the colors.
- Insert the recommended plain paper for your printer into the input tray.
- Click OK on your printer’s control panel to get an alignment page. Align the ink cartridges using the printed alignment page.
- Find the software installation CD inside the printer package to download the drivers.
- Select the setup file for your HP printer that has different versions like the .exe format for Windows and the .dmg format for Mac.
- Finish the printer setup using the installation steps by the on-screen instructions.
Download HP Deskjet 4640 driver and manual
The HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 driver acts a link between the printer and computer or mobile. Use the download link available on this page for installing the driver on your computer to perform print or scan the selected documents from the system. The 123.hp.com/dj4640 manual can be downloaded using the link on his page that comprises all the instructions from the printer setup till troubleshooting issues.
how to download HP DeskJet 4640 driver
- Ensure that your system is turned on by establishing the connection.
- Check whether the router has an active internet connection for downloading the driver.
- Find the Driver Download link tab provided on this page and click on it.
- Choose the computer OS version from the drop-down list.
- Check your system whether it has enough space to save the driver file.
- If not, open the command prompt screen to delete all the temp files.
- Wait until your system finishes the driver download process.
- Locate the downloaded setup file on the Downloads folder
- Install this driver on your computer according to the steps appear on the screen.
- Choose any connection type according to your usage on the Installer screen as USB, Wired, or Wireless.
how to install HP Deskjet 4640 driver
- Take the installation CD out of the printer box.
- Insert this provided CD into your computer’s CD-ROM.
- Wait until the computer reads and opens the printer setup program on the screen.
- Pick the file format available for the OS version that is displayed on the computer.
- Obtain the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer connected to the system with the USB cable and turn on the printing machine.
- Enter the text Printers in the search field on your Windows computer.
- Choose your printing machine name from the appeared list of devices.
- Click on the option called Default to make your HP device as default for printing.
- Right-click on the name of your printing device and then choose Properties.
- Select the option that reads as Print Test Page to make a test print for confirming the driver installation.
how to install HP Deskjet 4640 driver for Mac
- Remove the installation CD from the shipment box that supplied during shipment.
- Get the external CD driver and install this HP software CD.
- Try to copy all the files of the CD to the pen drive if you don’t have a CD-ROM.
- Open the printer setup application from the external drive and select the .dmg file for Mac.
- Link the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer connection to the computer using the USB cable and turn it on.
- In the search bar of your Mac computer, type Printers.
- Pick your HP printing device name from the list of devices on the screen.
- Enable the option called Default to set your printer as default.
- Click on the newly installed printer name and select Print Using.
- Choose your printer name, select Add, and finish the installation.
how to install HP Deskjet 4640 driver for Windows
- Remove the CD from the printer package that provided during shipment.
- Install this HP installation CD into your system’s CD driver.
- Wait until your computer opens the printer setup application on the screen.
- Select the .exe file format on Windows to run the program.
- Join the printer connection to the system with the USB cable and turn on the device.
- Search for Printers in the empty field on your Windows computer.
- Pick the name of your printing device from the appeared list of devices.
- Select Default to set the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer as the default device for printing.
- Right-click on the new HP printer name and choose Properties.
- Click on the option called Print Test Page to confirm the drier installation using the test page.
HP Deskjet 4640 wireless setup
Perform the HP Deskjet In Advantage 4640 wireless setup in different ways on various devices by following instructions listed below. You need to meet the mentioned requirements and then prepare your printer for wireless setup.
HP Deskjet 4640 wireless setup for Mac
- Gather the SSID and network password from the router you use for network connection.
- Confirm if the computer is connected to the router and enable the Wireless option on your printer.
- Click Settings and use the down arrow to choose Restore Defaults.
- Press OK and open the Wireless Setup Wizard. Pick your 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer and connect it to the router.
- Use the download button on this page that is available for Mac computers and wait until the system opens the HP Easy Start screen.
- Choose the option Set Up My HP Product and click Accept on the license-agreement screen.
- Click Continue under the Prepare window and view the printer’s serial number on the screen.
- Click the Continue option again on the Connect screen and type the network ID and password.
- Click Join and select the wireless network name. Select Allow and wait until the Mac completes the printer setup and gets connected to the network.
- Click Continue, allow the HP Easy Scan option, and select Install. Add your device name to the print queue and click Continue.
HP Deskjet 4640 wireless setup for Windows
- Get the SSID and network password from your router that is used for network connection.
- Check if the system is connected to the router and then turn on the Wireless option on your printer.
- Go to Settings and use the down arrow to select Restore Defaults.
- Press OK to view Wireless Setup Wizard. Choose your HP device and connect it to the router.
- Use the Download button on this page to download the driver and click Continue on the HP Easy Start screen.
- If your HP device name is not listed on the window, click My Printer Is Not Shown.
- Click Continue after choosing your 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer name.
- Select Wireless Network under the HP Easy Start window to confirm the connectivity type.
- Click Continue and go with the instructions on the window to complete the wireless setup.
- Set your printing machine as default by clicking the Default option.
Try to find the WPS PIN in the original paper given by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) or look at the sticker on the router. The PIN will be labeled as Wireless key, WEP key, WPA2 password, or security password. For Windows, select the option called Open Network Sharing Center. Click the Security tab on the Wireless Properties menu to see the password. For Mac, open the Keychain Access under Utilities. Click Local Items and then double-click on your wireless network name. Select Show Password to view the password.
Mobile Printing Setup for HP Deskjet 4640
There are various methods available for your 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer to print from smartphone or tablet. You have the ePrint application that lets you print from anywhere with an active network connection by emailing the document or photo directly to the printer. The AirPrint is an application installed on iOS devices to perform the print job from Apple devices wirelessly.
HP Deskjet 4640 eprint Setup
- Get a wireless connection to your Android device.
- Open the manufacturer’s site for downloading the HP Smart app on your mobile.
- Obtain the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer connected with the wireless connection with the same router.
- Touch the + sign on the app’s Home screen.
- Tap Advanced Settings under the My Printer option.
- Click Web Services and then enable it.
- Choose the option called Print Info Page under the Summary option.
- Else, select Setup on the Web Services section.
- Touch the Setup option again and then follow the instructions on the screen.
- Find the printer’s IP address on the printed info page.
HP Deskjet 4640 Airprint Setup
- Confirm that the Wi-Fi is enabled on your Apple device if it is not already kept on.
- Verify the Wi-Fi network name on your Apple device if it is connected correctly to the exact router.
- Try to touch the Wireless icon on your 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer.
- Go to the Network Settings or Setup feature to view the connection status of the network.
- Take the Wireless Test Report from the printer to confirm the connection status.
- Press Setup, Wireless, or Network menu on your printer control panel.
- Click on the Wireless Setup Wizard and carry out the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Install the wireless application called AirPrint on your Apple device.
- Add the HP printer name HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4640 to the printer application.
- Try to perform print files from your Apple device to the printer.
HP Deskjet 4640 Printer Functions
The Deskjet 4640 printer supports multiple functions such as printing, scanning, copying and faxing. Learn how to perform all functions using the steps below.
how to scan from HP Deskjet 4640
- Mount the document or photo on the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer’s scanner glass.
- Align the papers along the engraved guides.
- Open the HP Scan Software on your system.
- Choose the printer name from the available printers list.
- Change the necessary scan settings if required.
- Tap Scan to start the scanning process.
- The scanned file stores automatically in the Destination folder.
- Change the destination folder if required.
how to copy on HP Deskjet 4640
- Align the document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Align the paper width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Locate the Copy icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Press the Copy icon to start the copy process.
- Change the copy settings if required.
- Add the number of copies by pressing the + sign.
- Take the output sheet out of the tray.
how to fax on HP Deskjet 4640
- Elevate the scanner lid and place the original document with the print side down, on the glass.
- Align the document to the engraved guides near the edge of the glass and then close the scanner lid.
- Select the Fax option, and then select the Send Now option.
- Type the fax number in the Enter fax number: field or use a saved number from the Phone Book.
- Select the Black or the Color option. The fax is sent if the receiving fax service is available.
How To Print On HP Deskjet 4640
- Switch on your printer and system.
- Link the printer and system using a USB cable.
- Check if the ink cartridges are installed on the slot.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Locate the document or photo on the device and select it.
- Press the CTRL and P keys at a time to open the Print Dialog box.
- Choose the printer name from the list. Alter print settings.
- Click the Print option to start the printing process
how to print double side on HP Deskjet 4640
- Switch on your 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer and system.
- Place some sheets of paper on the input tray.
- Align the paper width guides against the edges of the paper.
- Open the Print Dialog box by selecting the CTRL and P keys at a time.
- Choose the Layout Or finishing tab based on the version of the app.
- Enable the Printing on Both sides option.
- Select either Flip or Binding icons based on the readability.
- Click OK to start the printing process.
how to factory reset hp Deskjet 4640
- Force press the Power button on the Deskjet 4640 printer to turn it on.
- After it powers on, disconnect one end of the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Disconnect other end of the power cord from the printer.
- Leave the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer silent and idle for some time.
- After 60 seconds, reconnect the power cord back to the printer.
- Connect the other end of the printer’s power cord to the wall outlet.
- Check if the printer turns on automatically.
- If it does not turn on, press the Power button to switch it on.
- The printer gets reset after it turns on.
how to update HP Deskjet 4640 firmware
- Go to the printer update feature on the printer’s control panel.
- Use the HP ePrint button to check for the printer Updates.
- Accept the terms and conditions on the screen.
- Go through the on-screen prompts to activate the automatic updates.
- Select the Check for Updates icon to get the latest updates.
- Use the HP Smart App to install updates automatically.
how do I disable ECM in Deskjet 4640?
- Go to the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer’s control panel to select the Setup icon.
- Click Extensions-> Manage.
- Select the Login as this User to modify.
- Go to the Voicemail-> Fax options-> Advanced Options.
- Change the Disable ECM option.
- Click the Save Fax option to resolve the issue.
HP Deskjet 4640 troubleshooting
Troubleshooting is the primary method required to resolve most printer issues. Resolve the problem and proceed to print.
why is my HP Deskjet 4640 offline
- Check the network connection of the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer.
- Download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool.
- Launch the setup file to begin the installation process.
- The tools automatically detect the issue and resolve it.
- Set the printer name as the default one.
- Right-click on the printer name and disable Use Printer Offline.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
why won’t my HP Deskjet 4640 print properly
- If the ink level is low, it is unable to print from the printer.
- Unauthentic ink cartridges can also be the reason for the issue.
- Replace the low or incompatible ink cartridges with a new one.
- Do not insert any curled papers into the input tray.
- Check the print settings on the driver and application is similar.
- Dust or debris on the cartridge may lead to the issue.
- Clean or wipe the dust using a damp cloth.
why is my HP Deskjet 4640 not printing black ink
- Switch off your printer and system.
- Detach the 123.hp.com/dj4640 printer’s USB cable from the rear end
- After a few seconds, reconnect the cable.
- Try to print a Quality Diagnostic report to resolve the issue.
- Verify the ink levels on the printer’s control panel.
- Verify the ink cartridge and printhead on the printer.
- Replace the old printhead with a new one to fix the issue.
How To Clear Carriage Jam On HP Deskjet 4640
- Remove the jammed paper from the printer’s rear.
- Switch on your printer with the help of the power button.
- Detach the printer’s power cable from the printer’s rear.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door.
- Look for the jammed paper on the carriage path.
- Discard all the jammed papers from the printer.
- Check if the carriage moves freely across the width of the printer.