HP Ink Tank 310 Setup Guide
The HP Ink Tank 310 that print, copy, and scan all-in-one device and saves time. The printer has one black ink and set of three color bottles such as cyan, magenta, and yellow. The printer speeds up to 5 ppm black and 8 ppm for color. The HP ink Tank 310 printer has a print and scan resolution to the best up to 1200 x 1200 dpi. It loads up to 60 sheets of paper in the input tray. The standard input capacity of the cards is up to 20 cards. The borderless printing adds a special specification for the printer to print without a white margin at sides of the paper.
How to print a Test Page?
The test page is obtained to check whether the printer is working correctly. When the printer’s first time set up competes, it automatically prints the test page to confirm the connectivity. In case, the printer did not print do a test page to assure it’s working condition. Follow the steps below to print a test page.
Steps for Setup the “Test Page Print:”
- Make sure the printer is Switch ON and the power cord is connected to the printer and the computer.
- Fill the ink inside the tank. To set the print from the control panel, Press and Hold the Power Button. Later, Press Cancel button.
- Release the Cancel and Power button the test page prints automatically from the printer.
- When you print from Windows, OPEN the Devices and Printer. Locate the printer name and Right-Click on it. Choose Printer Properties.
- Choose the Print Test Page Option on the General tab. The test page starts to print from the printer automatically.
- For Mac, Open Printer & Scanner. Select the Printer name. Click Open Print Queue. Select Printer menu from the menubar and select Print Test Page.
- The test page prints information about the printer series, the printer model number and also display the ink qualities.
HP Ink Tank 310 Printer Manual & Driver Download
The HP Ink Tank 310 Printer’s driver establishes the connectivity between the computer and the printer. It is important to install the driver when you set up the printer for the first time. The full feature software is available for most of the HP printers. It is recommended for most of the users to install. If the CD does not have the current driver version, download the upgraded driver from this website. To download, click on the driver button. It automatically starts to download and save in the Downloads folder. Run the .exe file for the Windows and .dmg file for the Mac.
HP Ink Tank 310 Driver Software
- Before you install the driver, obtain the printer, the computer and CD are in working condition.
- To install via CD, insert the CD into the computer disk. The installation screen automatically opens.
- If not, go to the My Computer and click on the CD /DVD icon. A dialog box opens. For Windows, click the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- For Mac, if CD drive is not present. Copy the files from the CD to any other computer in a USB device.
- Insert that USB into the port on an Apple device and run the .dmg file to complete the driver installation.
- If the CD is not present, not detected on the computer or the CD is not in the latest driver version, download the driver from this website.
- If facing any problem during the setup, get guidance from Our Technical experts to rectify the problem.
HP Ink Tank 310 Printer Manual
- Before start using the printer, go through the manual that comes along with the HP Ink Tank 310 printer in the shipment box.
- From the table of content in the manual, read the topic that is in the manual. The manual index designed along with the page number and it is easy to refer.
- The manual provides information such as, to set up the printer for the first time, explain in detail about the other printer’s function.
- The manual also explains to fill the ink tanks and gives tips to maintain the printer.
- The manual is provided for both the Windows and Mac users. The troubleshooting page is explained clearly with a solution.
- If the manual is not present or lost, download it from this website. We provide manual for Windows and Mac OS.
- Click on the Manual button to download the manual. A PDF file automatically starts to download and saves on the computer/laptop.
How to Print Black Ink Only?
- To minimize the use of color ink, change the settings in the printer properties to print with black ink.
- Click Print from the document or photo to print. A dialog box opens. Make sure the HP Ink Tank 310 printer name is selected.
- Open the Printer Properties dialog box. Click Advanced from the Paper/Quality tab.
- Click Print in Grayscale and select Black Ink Only. Click the Black & White button.
- To print high-quality ink, select High Quality Grayscale and click Ok. Click the Print option. The printer prints the print job in black ink.
- To print only the black ink for all the print jobs, open the Devices and Printers dialog box.
- Right-click the printer name and select Printing Preferences. Select the printer name. Click Advanced in the Paper/Quality tab.
- Click Print in Grayscale and select Black Ink Only. Click Black & White button. Click Ok to complete the change and try to print.
HP Ink Tank 310 Troubleshooting Guidance
123.hp.com/setup – The troubleshooting is a basic method to solve a problem that occurs repeatedly or hardly on the printer. First, refer to the manual’s troubleshooting page to find the solution. If the issue did not solve, after trying all the possible solution, get the issue solved with the guidance of our technical Experts.
How to Resolve Printer hardware issues?
- When you face hardware issue, reset the printer and computer. Verify whether the issue is solved.
- Assure whether the printhead access door and exterior door are closed correctly. The printer fails to perform its function if the door is not closed completely.
- After filling the ink on the respective tank, close the ink tank lid tightly. If the lid is not closed, the ink may start to spill out from the printer or the print might not print.
- The printhead is one of the hardware issues on the HP Ink Tank 310 printer. Make sure the orange plugs are removed from both the printhead while inserting.
- Place the printhead correctly on its slot. Close the blue carriage latch till it snaps into the place.
- Connect the power cord directly to an electrical outlet. Do not use any surge protector to connect.
- If the printer and computer are connected via USB cable and fail to connect, plug in the USB cable on the other port and check. If the issue persists then replace with a new USB cable that is 3 m in length.
Control Panel Error Codes
- An “E1” error occurs when the paper settings do not match with the paper loaded in the printer. Change the settings and try to print.
- An “E2 ” error occurs when the paper length selected in the print settings does not match the length of the loaded paper.
- To resolve the above error, check the paper loaded on the paper tray and set the settings correctly.
- An “E3” error occurs when the printer carriage stuck in one particular place on the printer. To resolve, open the print access door and manually move the carriage.
- An “E4” error occurs when there is a paper jam. Remove the jammed paper inside the HP Ink Tank 310 printer solves this problem.
- An “E5” error occurs then it is the scanning error. To resolve, turn off the printer and switch it on.
- An “E6” error occurs then the all the lights start to blink on the control panel. To solve this issue reset the printer and check.
How to fix Paper Jam & Paper Feed Issues?
- Sometimes, the printhead carriage stalls, the control panel displays an error code “E3” and the Resume light blinks due to the paper jam.
- To resolve it, press the Cancel button sometimes the jammed paper automatically clean the paper jam.
- If the error continues, continue the steps below to manually clear the jam.
- Gently remove any jammed paper and bits of torn paper from the input as well as the output tray. Load the paper and try to print.
- If the issue continues, reset the HP Ink Tank 310 printer. With the printer on, unplug the power cord from the rear of the printer and another side of the computer.
- Wait for few minutes and reconnect the connection and try to print. Assure that the carriage moves freely inside the printer.
- If all the above solution does not resolve the paper jam error, dial to the toll-free number.
How to Fix Printhead issues on HP Ink Tank 310 Printer?
- After installing the printheads, the print sometimes displays an error code ‘P’ on the control panel. This error occurs when the printhead is not properly placed.
- Make sure that the inks are filled up to the maximum level on the ink tank.
- Next, verify whether the printheads are properly installed. With the printer on, open the exterior door and printhead access door.
- The printhead carriage moves to the center of the printer. Makes sure the black printhead is installed into the right slot and tri-color printhead into the left slot.
- If the carriage is stuck in any place, manually move the carriage to the other end.
- Push the latch down until it snaps into the place to close the blue carriage latch.
- Load the paper in the HP Ink Tank 310 printer’s input tray. Pull out the output tray and raise the tray extender and try to print.