Check if the printer and computer are connected to the same network. Restart the devices, and check if the driver scan settings are configured properly for HP Envy 5055.
- Power off the printer if it is turned on. Make sure that the power cable is connected to the appropriate port of the printer and electrical outlet.
- Never use a surge protector to connect the power cable because it may cause power fluctuations.
- Close all the programs that are running on your computer, and shut it down. Wait for few minutes, and power up the printer and computer.
- Type the printer’s name in the search bar, and click on it in the results.
- The HP Printer Assistant window opens.
- Select either of the options Scan A Document Or Photo or Manage Scan To Computer.
- Ensure the checkbox of the Automatic Scan statement is enabled.
- Do a Scan function, and check if the issue is solved. If the problem continues, carry on with the forthcoming steps.
- Download and launch the Print And Scan Doctor application.
- Follow the procedure on the screen, and fix the issue.
If the problem continues, uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the printer driver software. You can download the recent version of the driver from the link provided on this page for free.