The HP OfficeJet 3830 printer can be used to print from a wireless device, even in the absence of a network connection, using the Wireless Direct method. This option comes in handy when there are issues with your router or the network connection.
The Wireless Direct method creates a hotspot from the printer, for facilitating the file transfer that acts as a substitute to the router. The following procedure explains the steps for the same,
- Power up the HP OfficeJet 3830, after connecting the power cord.
- Turn on the power supply to the personal device by inserting a power cord.
- Open the printer settings by tapping on the Icon in the control panel.
- Look for the WiFi Direct Option and select it.
- The WiFi direct connection credentials will now appear.
- Make a note of the WiFi Direct Name and Password of the printer, from the control panel.
- Now open the Wireless Settings on your device and see the available networks to establish a connection.
- Find the network that matches the wireless direct name of the printer.
- Connect to the network for establishing a connection.
- Enter the password when prompted.
- After a successful connection, open the document or file and choose Print.
- Choose the network connected printer from the list and start printing from it.
This feature stops the personal device and the printer from establishing any other wireless connection until the operation is complete. The Wireless Direct feature can also be utilized for printing from your mobile phone.
Establish a connection to the printer from the mobile phone, through Wireless settings. Utilize any one of the supported mobile printing applications to print the document from a mobile phone.