123 HP AirPrint setup
AirPrint is a Mobile application where you can send print jobs over a wireless network in Apple devices. Users can print wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac computer to HP printers.This document provides you the information on setup instructions and how to get started with AirPrint using an HP printer 123 HP AirPrint setup.
- Step 1 : Check compatibility with AirPrint
- 1. Make sure that your HP Printer supports AirPrint feature.
- 2. Ensure that the Apple Device you have, can use AirPrint.
- AirPrint feature is compatible with Mac Computers running Mac OS X Lion (v10.7) and later.
- It is compatible with iOS devices running iOS 4.2 or later, iPhone 3GS or later newer, iPad and iPod Touch third generation or later.
- 3. Make sure your Apple devices have applications that supports AirPrint
- 4. Go to AirPrint Compatible Mobile Apps to check if your device supports AirPrint. You can also view a list of apps compatible with Apple’s AirPrint.
- 5. Ensure that the firmware consists of AirPrint while you print a configuration page.
- While printing a configuration page, if AirPrint is listed under Installed Personalities and Options, then it means that AirPrint is available in the firmware. Therefore, you can skip to the step
- Connect the Apple device to the same wireless network as your HP printer.
- If AirPrint is not listed under Installed Personalities and Options, then you need to update the firmware 123 HP AirPrint setup.
- Step 2 : Update the HP Printer firmware
- Some of your HP Printers may require a firmware update to enable compatibility with AirPrint. Make sure you have the updated firmware. To update the firmware, go to update firmware using a USB flash drive or the Embedded Web Server (EWS) 123 HP AirPrint setup .
- Step 3 : Connect the Apple device to the same wireless network as your HP printer
To use AirPrint, the AirPrint-enabled HP printer must be connected to the same wireless network as of your Apple device. If you are using a laptop, connect your laptop wirelessly or to wired network.
- 1. Make sure your HP Printer is turned ON and see that it is in a ready state.
- 2. Your HP Printer must be connected to any of the wireless network.
- 3. Make sure that the device you use(iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac computer) is wirelessly connected to the same network as that of your HP printer.
NOTE: AirPrint does not support USB connection.
- Step 4 : Find your HP printer's AirPrint name
If you have previously connected any of your Printer to the network, you can use the Printer’s AirPrint name to select the required printer from the Apple device. In order to find the printer's AirPrint name, follow the steps listed below:
Printers with touch screen:
If you have a touch screen on the control panel of your HP Printer, do follow these steps to find out printer’s AirPrint name.
- 1. Make sure that the printer is turned ON and see that it is in a ready state.
- 2. On the home screen control panel of your HP Printer, touch Network or How to connect button.
- 3. From the displayed window, note the name identified as the AirPrint name, and proceed to the next step Change the Printer’s AirPrint name.
Printers with standard display
If you have a standard display on the control panel of your HP Printer, do follow these steps to find out printer’s AirPrint name. 123 HP AirPrint setup
- 1. From the Home screen, press the menu button and scroll down using the arrow keys, then select How to connect from the displayed list.
- 2. Find out the AirPrint name of your HP Printer on your network by choosing the network address and then continue to the next step.If you don’t find the AirPrint printer name in the list, make sure that AirPrint feature is enabled in the firmware.
NOTE: If you don’t see How to connect option in the list, it might have been hidden somewhere or might be removed from the display by a system administrator.
- Step 5 : Change the AirPrint name of your HP Printer
In order to change the AirPrint name of your HP Printer, follow these below steps:
- 1. Open the Web browser from your deviceand then enter the printer’s IP address or host name in the address field or in the URL field to open the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- 2. From the displayed window, Select the Networking tab, click TCP/IP Settings, and then click Network Identification.
- 3. Type a new name and then click Applyin the text box which is right next to Bonjour Service Name field.
The name which you have typed will be displayed in the How to connect or Network options on the control panel of your HP printer. Use this name while configuring and printing through AirPrint.
- Step 6 : Configure AirPrint for the computer or iOS device
Follow the steps listed below to configure either an iOS device or a Mac computer.
Configure AirPrint for an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Normally, if the HP printer is connected to any of the wired or wireless network, then the iOS device should automatically detect the printer and it need not require any additional setup.
To enable your printing via Wi-Fi, you will have to make sure that the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch has a live internet connection. The AirPrint name of your HP Printer should be selected from Wi-Fi network list. If you want to print directly to the HP printer instead of Wi-Fi, you will have to ensure that Wireless Direct is configured on the printer. 123 HP AirPrint setup
- 1. The HP Printer should be connected to any local network.
- 2. Make sure that the iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from which you print has an active internet connection, and that the HP printer's AirPrint name is selected from Wi-Fi network list.
- a. From your Apple device, open Settings and touch Wi-Fi networks from the settings page.
- b. Under Choose a Network, touch the printer name which you have created previously from the list.
Configure AirPrint for a Mac computer
Adding an AirPrint-enabled HP printer to a Mac desktop or laptop running Mac OS Lion (v10.7) or later is a simple way to print without installing any driver or downloading any software.
Use the below-given steps to configure the printer to AirPrint from your Mac computer or laptop and to print directly to the AirPrint compatible printer using wireless direct.
- 1. Click the Apple menu from the Mac Computer, and then click System Preferences.
- 2. Click Print & Scan from the file menu.
- 3. Click the plus sign which is at the bottom of the left pane.
- 4. Under Nearby Printers, click the name of your HP printer.
NOTE: Ensure that the printer Kind is Bonjour or Bonjour Multifunction.
- 5. Click the Use boxor click Print Using, select AirPrint if you have not selected it already, and then click Add to add your HP printer to the queue.
NOTE: If your HP printer is compatible, AirPrint should be selected in OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) or later automatically. In Mac OS Lion (v10.7), manually select the AirPrint driver.123 HP AirPrint setup
HP Printers – Setup, install, and configure AirPrint
NOTE: AirPrint does not support Mac OS versions 10.6 and earlier.